COVID-19 Resources for Downtown Bridgeport Businesses
Updated May 19, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Governor Lamont announced that all of the remaining COVID-19 pandemic related businesses restrictions were lifted as of Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Regarding the use of face masks, they are no longer required OUTDOORS. Regarding the use of face masks INDOORS, note the following:
- Vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks.
- Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear masks.
- Businesses, state and local government offices and events may choose to require universal masking.
- Masks will still be required in certain settings such as healthcare facilities, facilities housing vulnerable populations, public and private transit, correctional facilities, schools, and childcare.
Access revised recommendations and considerations for masks in businesses, large gatherings and events, and other settings, as well as more detailed descriptions of the settings where masks will continue to be required here.
Contact your local Small Business Development Center and the State’s Department of Economic and Community Development by email or phone (860-500-2333) to help your business prepare, rebuild, and grow during the COVID-19 pandemic response. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Bridgeport DSSD by email or by phone at (203) 908-3622 with any questions.
Since March 17, 2020, the Bridgeport DSSD has sent out a series of business alerts with information about emergency operations, how to get support for your local business, and disaster recovery resources that are available. If you would like to be added to the business alert newsletter list, send us an email. Below is a listing of those alerts, which will be updated as new alerts are released.
- Back to business! All COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, new face mask guidelines, and more!, May 19: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert051921-1199707
- Bridgeport DSSD Annual Meeting recap, BPT200 Kickoff, new grant and loan info!, May 14: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert051421-1199691
- Bridgeport DSSD Annual Meeting, Say Yes to Connecticut marketing campaign, new grant and loan info!, May 10: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert051021-1199687
- Attend Coffee with a Cop tomorrow! New grants and info on eased opening restrictions!, April 27: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert042721-1199675
- New grants for restaurants, sign up for the BPT200 Celebration, get listed for free on GettinLocal, and more!, April 15: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert041521-1199671
- Coffee with a Cop on 4/28, get listed on CT Tourism, outdoor dining rollout, PPP extension, and more!, April 8: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert040821-1199663
- New info on the City grant and outdoor dining permits, State easing business restrictions, and federal PPP loan!, March 18: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/bizalert031821-1199659
- Gov. Lamont Announces Plans To Ease COVID-19 Restrictions after March 19!, March 4: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/liftedrestrictions-1199655
- PPP special access, Downtown in the news, COVID vaccination eligibility timelines, and more!, February 24: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/pppspecialaccess-1199640
- Gov. Lamont announces expanded capacity for indoor events, new grant programs, and more!, February 17: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/grantslegisupdates-1199628
- Reminders! Grant deadlines, parking enforcement is back, UI energy $$ savings program, and more!, January 26: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/reminders-1199600
- Just 2 days left to apply for City CARES Grant! And info on new PPP $$, CT Business Recovery grant, and more!, January 13: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/citygrantlastcall-1199596
- New State Grant (no app needed) and City Grant deadline coming up soon!, January 8: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/stategrant-1199592
- NYE Safety Reminders, Grant $$ Details, and More!, December 31: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/nyereminders-1199588
- $900B Federal COVID Relief Package: What You Need To Know, December 22: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/federalrelief-1199584
- Apply now for $1M City grant program; City suspends Downtown parking meters, December 9: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/citygrantopen-1199564
- Holiday Shopping Prep and $5 customer coupons from DSSD, November 25: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/givecolorfully-1199548
- CT CARES $5,000 small business grant deadline TOMORROW 11/19 @5pm, November 18: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/ctcaresdeadline-1199532
- 8PM TONIGHT: Apps open for CT CARES $5,000 small business grant, November 12: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/ctcares-appsopen-1199528
- Phase 2.1 Rules Go into Effect at Midnight TONIGHT, see details enclosed, November 5: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase2-1details-1199524
- Gov. Lamont issues rollback to Phase 2.1, rules and details included, November 3: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase2-1rollback-1199516
- ICYMI: Phase 2 rollback requirements, CT CARES $5K small business grant, and more, October 31: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase2rollback-1199512
- CT CARES $50 million in small business grants, safety tips to prevent robberies, and more!, October 27: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/robberytips-1199504
- CT CARES $50 million in small business grants, new date for McLevy Green quality of life issues meeting, and more!, October 20: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/ctcaresgrant-1199492
- McLevy Green quality of life issues meeting, new business grants, and more!, October 15: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/mclevygreenqol-1199480
- Utility shut off moratorium updates, new business grants, and more!, October 6: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase3-1199460
- Phase 3 Reopening Details: 75% capacity allowed, UI payment plans, and more, September 25: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase3-1199436
- Parking enforcement returns to the Downtown, small business loans and grants still available, and more!, September 2: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/parkingresume-1199396
- New small business grants available, Downtown parking meters suspended, and more!, July 28: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/parkingsuspend-1199376
- City of Bridgeport opens applications for small businesses impacted by COVID-19, July 14: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/cityappsopen-1199360
- PPP loans applications reopened, utility shut off moratorium extended, aerator bundles from UI, and more!, July 3: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/pppscooters-1199348
- PPP loans stops applications, electric scooters, and more!, June 26: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/pppscooters-1199336
- Guide to Navigating the Second Phase of Re-Opening, June 16: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/guide-to-reopening-phase2-1199332
- Phase 2 reopening on 6/17 sector rules, Downtown Relaunch Grant Program, and more!, June 7: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/phase2announce-1199320
- APPLICATIONS OPEN for Downtown Bridgeport Business Relaunch Grant Program, June 5: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/relaunchappsopen-1199308
- Gov. Lamont releases roadmap to full economy reopening + more, May 27: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/recoveryroadmap-1199304
- Latest information on reopening business on May 20th, available grants/loans, + more, May 19: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/outdoordining-1199300
- Governor Lamont release rules for reopening businesses on May 20, May 9: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/reopenrules-1199284
- Downtown Back to Business Guide, May 4: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/reopeningguide-1199276
- Governor Lamont says CT businesses could open in 7-10 days, April 29: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/1mfunding-1199272
- Congress passes new business recovery funding legislation and other updates, April 23: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/newbizfunding-1199264
- Lamont announces date to reopen economy, April 15: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/reopenannounce-1199244
- Business Curfew Announcement, April 7: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/8pmbizcurfew-1199239
- Small Business Grants and Loans, April 2: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/smallbizgrants-1199235
- Small Business Administration and CARES Act Loan Programs, April 1: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport/sbaloanapps-1199231
- Downtown Bridgeport COVID-19 Update, March 27: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport.com/covid0327update-1199207
- Downtown Bridgeport COVID-19 Update, March 17: https://mailchi.mp/infobridgeport.com/covid0317update-1199159