A Pop of Color
About A Pop of Color
A Pop of Color is a multi-venue pop-up art exhibit in Downtown Bridgeport vacant storefronts, open to all artists living and/or working Bridgeport, CT.
A Pop of Color will create opportunity for city artists to make and display their work, for city musicians to perform at reception events, for the owners of the vacant storefronts to show the attractiveness and viability of their spaces to prospective tenants, and for the resident and visiting public to view and explore Bridgeport as an active hub of the arts. Review detailed information in the complete Call for Artists and program guidelines here.
* Engage and inspire the community
* Be colorful and visually compelling
* Fill the space well and include either lighting or components of light to be visible at night
* Use durable materials that require no maintenance
* Be made of any two or three dimensional media
* Installations must include a component of light, or be lighted to be visible at night
* 10/5/19, 2 p.m. – Application Info Session. RSVP here.
* 10/11/19, 11:59 p.m. – Application Deadline
* 11/9/19, 4 p.m. – Opening Reception
* 1/23/20, 5 p.m. – Closing Reception
This project was made possible with support from the Department of Economic and Community Development, Connecticut Office of the Arts, which also receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.